Venture Capital & Private Equity
Wayne Zell advises and represents venture capital and private equity and debt funds and investors through all phases of their investment cycle. The firm represents firms in the formation of their partnerships and LLC’s and as ongoing counsel to their funds. Much of the firm’s venture capital and private equity practice involves representing investors in all types of financing, from early or seed stage investments through subsequent multi-investor and mezzanine financing. Mr. Zell also has counseled issuers in initial public offerings and follow-on equity and debt financing and structuring and negotiating complex mergers and acquisitions and strategic alliances.
Mr. Zell’s recent representations/transactions include:
- Formation of multi-million dollar fund-of-funds to invest in distressed real estate asset fund in Spring 2009
- Formation of $150 million private equity hedge fund, consisting of six primary funds, in the summer of 2003 to invest in troubled debt securities.
- Assisting educational institution in various private equity fund investments worth over $250 million.
- Formation of $15 million venture capital fund to invest in early stage investments.
- Represented four different venture capital funds in investments and M&A transactions involving portfolio companies.
The objective is to provide venture capital and private equity clients with advice and representation that is expert, practical and efficient. We render first-rate legal services that solve problems and “get the deal done” at reasonable cost.
Odin, Feldman & Pittleman attorneys understand the venture capital process and have significant experience with the documentation involved in venture capital financings, as well as complex formation issues. We understand the standards by which venture capitalists assess ventures, the types and terms of securities involved, and the dynamics of multi-investor groups. Our goal is to assess legal risks through keen, practical judgment, based on his expertise, experience and resources.
Ongoing Portfolio Company Advice and Representation
Mr. Zell’s skills as a business advisor and his expertise with the business, financial and legal issues faced by growing enterprises frequently lead emerging growth companies and venture capitalists to seek his assistance with business issues.