Welcome to Blueprint for Wealth! I created this web site to help you and your friends, family and colleagues realize your personal dreams of wealth and freedom by providing you with educational content on legal developments in the areas of estate planning, tax planning and business planning. The site contains articles, videos and podcasts of interest in each of these areas. If you need legal advice or legal assistance, please call me at 703-218-2177 or email me at email@example.com. See Disclaimer.
Thank you for visiting and please enjoy the site!
- New Blog Article on DOL’s New Proposed Overtime Rules Please click here to check out this recent blog post by my partner, Tim McConville, regarding recent changes to increase the salary levels at which certain executives, professionals, and administrative employees must be paid to qualify as exempt from FLSA’s minimum wage and overtime provisions. Read more
- Using LLCs and Trusts to Secure Lottery Winnings Read more
- Today’s Channel 8 Broadcast on Lotteries and LLCs Here is a recording of the live broadcast on 1/13/2016 on Good Morning Washington! on News Channel 8 discussing the use of LLCs to hold lottery winnings (in case you missed it)! Read more
- Using an LLC or Trust to Receive Lottery Winnings Today, the hottest financial topic (aside from the collapse of Chinese markets) is who will win the PowerBall drawing (latest estimates are at $1.4 billion) and what will they do with the winnings! A couple of points are worth noting before you turn in your winning ticket. First, whoever wins will not receive $1.4 billion in a lump-sum. If the winner elects to receive a lump-sum, the current estimated payout is around $868 million (based upon the present value of a stream of payments over 29 years). Then, you have to subtract federal and state income taxes. The highest federal income tax rate ... Read more
- Tax Extenders Package Includes Permanent S corporation Relief As you may know by now, on December 18, 2015, President Obama signed into law “The Protecting Americans From Tax Hikes Act”, which made permanent many expiring or expired provisions of tax law and further extended other provisions. Hidden among the provisions as a significant change affecting S corporations and their shareholders. S corporations generally pass through income, income tax liability and tax attributes to their individual shareholders. One major exception to this rule is where an S corporation was previously treated as a “C” corporation and converts to an S corporation. In that event, the S corporation may have to pay corporate tax ... Read more
- Two Obscure Tax Provisions in Transportation Bill On December 3, 2015, the House and Senate passed a 1300-page transportation funding bill that included two tax provisions. The President signed the bill last week. The first tax provision adds a new Code section that allows for the revocation or denial of a passport if the passport holder has uncollected taxes of at least $50,000 where a tax lien has been filed, unless the taxes are being contested or are subject to an approved installment agreement to pay the taxes over time. The second provision allows the IRS to hire private tax collectors to collect delinquent taxes on inactive accounts. This ... Read more
- New Basic Estate Planning Available on Blueprint for Wealth To view the latest video by Wayne M. Zell, Esq., on Basic Estate Planning, please visit Blueprint for Wealth here and click on the first video link. The video explores the benefits of using revocable living trusts in your estate plan. Read more
- New Basic Estate Planning Video Available To view the latest video by Wayne M. Zell, Esq., on Basic Estate Planning, please visit Blueprint for Wealth here and click on the first video link. The video explores the benefits of using revocable living trusts in your estate plan. Read more
- Should You Use Your IRA to Fund Your Business? Listen to Wayne M. Zell, Esq., discuss in his latest Blueprint for Wealth podcast why using your IRA to start or fund a business is an extremely risky proposition. http://www.blueprintforwealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Using-an-IRA-to-Start-a-Business.mp3Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed Read more
- Understanding Indexed Universal Life Insurance Listen to Wayne M. Zell, Esq., discuss how indexed universal life insurance works and whether it is right for you. http://www.blueprintforwealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Indexed-universal-life-insurance.mp3Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed Read more