Welcome to Blueprint for Wealth! I created this web site to help you and your friends, family and colleagues realize your personal dreams of wealth and freedom by providing you with educational content on legal developments in the areas of estate planning, tax planning and business planning. The site contains articles, videos and podcasts of interest in each of these areas. If you need legal advice or legal assistance, please call me at 703-218-2177 or email me at email@example.com. See Disclaimer.
Thank you for visiting and please enjoy the site!
- Dr. Richard Orlando Discusses New “Legacy” Book Please listen to part two of Wayne Zell‘s interview with Dr. Richard Orlando as he discusses his popular new book, “LEGACY: The Hidden Keys to Optimizing Your Family Wealth Decisions” (January, 2014, $27.95 hardcover, $9.99 ebook). Read more
- Richard Orlando Discusses Family Wealth Planning pt. 1 Please listen to Wayne Zell interview Dr. Richard Orlando as he discusses family wealth planning and his new book, “LEGACY: The Hidden Keys to Optimizing Your Family Wealth Decisions” (January, 2014, $27.95 hardcover, $9.99 ebook). Read more
- James Gandolfini’s Will Provides Estate Planning Lessons Wayne M. Zell, Esq. discusses the last will and testament of the late actor, James Gandolfini, and the estate planning lessons we can learn from the former Sopranos boss. Read more
- Estate, Gift and GST Tax Proposals In his recently released budget proposals, President Obama included may familiar challenges to advanced estate planning techniques as well as some new wrinkles designed to thwart creative planning for high net worth individuals and families. Here is a brief summary of those proposed changes: Restore 2009 Estate and Gift Tax Exemptions and Rates – The current estate, GST, and gift tax rate is 40%. Each individual enjoys a lifetime exclusion for all three types of taxes of $5,340,000 in 2014, indexed for inflation. Beginning in 2018, the President proposes making permanent the exclusions and rates in effect in 2009. Therefore, the ... Read more
- Maryland to Increase Estate Tax Exemption On March 20, the Maryland Senate voted to increase the lifetime estate tax exemption from $1 million per person gradually to match the federal exemption ($5.34 million in 2014). This follows passage of similar legislation by the Maryland House on March 7. The increase would be phased in over 5 years, starting with an increase to $1.5 million in 2015. This change will radically and positively affect estate plans for Maryland residents. Instead of being forced to use the so-called double QTIP to minimize the effects of the lower exemption, Maryland residents’ estate plans eventually will be simplified to mirror those ... Read more
- Small Business Tax Proposals Every year the President releases his proposed budget and every year the Treasury Department summarizes the tax provisions of the budget in its so-called “Green Book.” For fiscal 2015, President Obama has proposed the following tax law changes that would affect small business (if enacted) in the following ways. Extend Increased Expensing – Since 2007, the President annually has proposed increasing the ability of small businesses to aggressively write-off expenditures for certain qualifying property (i.e., depreciable tangible personal property used in an active trade or business, certain software and certain real property improvements). Congress enacted these proposals, which continued through the ... Read more
- Creating a Business Plan – Part 1 Everyone needs a business plan. Whether you are a professional, salesman, administrator, or clerical worker, whether you are a products business, services business, nonprofit organization or individual, you have to have a plan. At one point in my career, I “retired” from the practice of law to be the Chief Financial Officer and General Counsel of a startup company. The company, Newsreal, Inc., was backed by none other than billionaire George Soros. Like many entrepreneurial minded people at the time, I chose to abandon a steady paying job for dream of a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. ... Read more
- Wayne Zell Interviews Karen Sorber on January 4th Please tune-in to Power of Attorney Radio this Saturday, January 4, 2014 at 10am on 1500 AM (820AM) to listen to Wayne Zell interview Karen Sorber, Co-Founder of Micronic Technologies, which has patented a system that desalinates and purifies water from any source. Wayne Zell also will discuss the characteristics of successful entrepreneurs. The show also is streamed live on Federal News Radio. Read more
- Wayne Zell Interviewed Brian Wynne, CPA of Bond Beebe Please listen to Wayne Zell interview Brian Wynne, CPA, of Bond Beebe in this podcast originally broadcast on Power of Attorney Radio on December 7th. Brian Discusses 2013 year-end tax planning strategies for individuals. Read more
- Listen to Wayne Zell Discuss Business Transfer Techniques Wayne Zell discusses business transfer techniques in this podcast originally broadcast on Federal News Radio on November 30th. Read more