Welcome to Blueprint for Wealth! I created this web site to help you and your friends, family and colleagues realize your personal dreams of wealth and freedom by providing you with educational content on legal developments in the areas of estate planning, tax planning and business planning. The site contains articles, videos and podcasts of interest in each of these areas. If you need legal advice or legal assistance, please call me at 703-218-2177 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. See Disclaimer.
Thank you for visiting and please enjoy the site!
- Wayne Zell Included in Best Lawyers in America Wayne M. Zell, Esq. was recently selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2016 in the field of Tax Law. Mr. Zell has been listed in Best Lawyers since 2013. Read more
- Asset Protection Planning-Part 4-Business entities, trusts and case studies Please listen to Part 4 of a four-part podcast by Wayne M. Zell, Esq. on Protecting Your Assets from Creditors and Predators. This final segment focuses on business entity planning, trusts and case studies in asset protection. http://www.blueprintforwealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Asset-Protection-Part-4.mp3 Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed Read more
- New IRS Rules Expected Restricting Valuation Discounts For a recent, relevant summary of the anticipated IRS regulations restricting the ability to use valuation discounts, please see this August 7th New York Times article. Read more
- Asset Protection Planning-Part 3-Insurance and Exemptions Please listen to Part 3 of a four-part podcast by Wayne M. Zell, Esq. on Protecting Your Assets from Creditors and Predators. This segment emphasizes the importance of insurance in your asset protection planning and what exemptions may be available from the claims of creditors. http://www.blueprintforwealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Asset-Protection-Part-3.mp3 Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed Read more
- Asset Protection Planning-Part 2-When is it too late? Please listen to Part 2 of a four-part podcast by Wayne M. Zell, Esq. on Protecting Your Assets from Creditors and Predators. This segment focuses on when a transfer by a debtor may be unwound by creditors as a “fraudulent conveyance.” http://www.blueprintforwealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Asset-Protection-Part-2.mp3 Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed Read more
- Asset Protection Planning-Part 1-Overview Please listen to Part 1 of a four-part podcast by Wayne M. Zell, Esq. on Protecting Your Assets from Creditors and Predators. This segment provides and overview on who needs asset protection planning and why. http://www.blueprintforwealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Asset-protection-Part-1.mp3 Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed Read more
- Same-Sex Marriages Have Same Rights as Opposite-Sex Marriages On Friday, June 26, 2015, the Supreme Court ruled 5-4 that same-sex couples have the right to marry in all 50 states. The Court’s historic decision in Obergefell v. Hodges held that states cannot deny applications for marriage licenses for same-sex couples, and states must recognize same-sex marriages that were legally entered into in other states. Same-sex married couples now have the same legal rights that opposite-sex couples enjoy. For more on this topic, please download this WealthCounsel Thought Paper, Read more
- Will Donor Advised Funds be Limited in Future? In late February 2014, Representative Dave Camp (R-Mich.) proposed tax reform legislation including a requirement that all donations to a Donor Advised Fund be paid out within five years of their contribution, or 20 percent a year. There are also efforts to cap all deductions. Rep. Paul RYan, Chair of House Ways and Means says this is a starting point. Read more about DAF reforms here. Read more
- Tax-Exempt Status for First Church of Cannabis Really? On the one hand, marijuana remains classified at a Schedule 1 Drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act. At the same time, the IRS has granted tax-exempt status to a church that embraces pot as its sacrament. Read more
- Merger Activity Does not Mean the Economy is Booming According to this New York Times article, the recent surge in M&A activity does not mean that the economy is doing great. Rather, it may indicate that trouble lies ahead for an overheated stock market. Read more