Welcome to Blueprint for Wealth! I created this web site to help you and your friends, family and colleagues realize your personal dreams of wealth and freedom by providing you with educational content on legal developments in the areas of estate planning, tax planning and business planning. The site contains articles, videos and podcasts of interest in each of these areas. If you need legal advice or legal assistance, please call me at 703-218-2177 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. See Disclaimer.
Thank you for visiting and please enjoy the site!
- Asset Protection Planning-Part 2-When is it too late? Please listen to Part 2 of a four-part podcast by Wayne M. Zell, Esq. on Protecting Your Assets from Creditors and Predators. This segment focuses on when a transfer by a debtor may be unwound by creditors as a “fraudulent conveyance.” http://www.blueprintforwealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Asset-Protection-Part-2.mp3 Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed Read more
- Asset Protection Planning-Part 1-Overview Please listen to Part 1 of a four-part podcast by Wayne M. Zell, Esq. on Protecting Your Assets from Creditors and Predators. This segment provides and overview on who needs asset protection planning and why. http://www.blueprintforwealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Asset-protection-Part-1.mp3 Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed Read more
- Same-Sex Marriages Have Same Rights as Opposite-Sex Marriages On Friday, June 26, 2015, the Supreme Court ruled 5-4 that same-sex couples have the right to marry in all 50 states. The Court’s historic decision in Obergefell v. Hodges held that states cannot deny applications for marriage licenses for same-sex couples, and states must recognize same-sex marriages that were legally entered into in other states. Same-sex married couples now have the same legal rights that opposite-sex couples enjoy. For more on this topic, please download this WealthCounsel Thought Paper, Read more
- Will Donor Advised Funds be Limited in Future? In late February 2014, Representative Dave Camp (R-Mich.) proposed tax reform legislation including a requirement that all donations to a Donor Advised Fund be paid out within five years of their contribution, or 20 percent a year. There are also efforts to cap all deductions. Rep. Paul RYan, Chair of House Ways and Means says this is a starting point. Read more about DAF reforms here. Read more
- Tax-Exempt Status for First Church of Cannabis Really? On the one hand, marijuana remains classified at a Schedule 1 Drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act. At the same time, the IRS has granted tax-exempt status to a church that embraces pot as its sacrament. Read more
- Merger Activity Does not Mean the Economy is Booming According to this New York Times article, the recent surge in M&A activity does not mean that the economy is doing great. Rather, it may indicate that trouble lies ahead for an overheated stock market. Read more
- M&A Activity Surging According to this recent KPMG survey, merger and acquisition activity is surging in the United States. Lots of liquidity and favorable financing terms are fueling the surge. Read more
- Roth IRA’s May or May not Work in Paying for College Watch out for this trap for the unwary in using a Roth IRA to pay for college. Read more
- More on Phantom Stock Plans Here is a brief summary of the trending topic of phantom stock plans. Read more
- Tips on Raising Money for your Business Looking for capital for your new business? Check out this article on Forbes. Read more